Science and Technology
Fibrocell Science has developed an innovative technology to isolate, purify, and regenerate a patient’s own fibroblast cells for re-injection.
- Using a small skin-punch behind the ear and local anesthetic, the physician collects the cell sample.
- The physician’s office follows a simple, yet detailed process for sending the sample to the Fibrocell Science manufacturing facility located in Exton, PA.
Purification and Culturing
- The proprietary Fibrocell manufacturing process expands fibroblasts from the sample into hundreds of millions of new cells in approximately 90 days.
- Fibroblasts are tested by Quality Control and released by Quality Assurance prior to shipment to the physician.
- Cells are frozen for use in potentially multiple treatment sessions.
Copyright ©2013 Fibrocell Science